 |
The Church of St-Germain-des-Pres Oil on Linen Panel 8 x 6" |
The oldest Church in Paris, but most of it has been rebuilt many times, is the Church of St-Germain-des-Pres. This was a difficult exercise for me but something I've been wanting to paint since my first trip to Paris. Hopefully it will get easier because there are many more beautiful Cathedral's on my list.
5 comments:
Beautiful and inspiring!
Thank you NJ. Nice to know you. Randy
Fantastic!
THe lighting and coloration in the alcove is wonderful!
How long did this take you to complete?
I caught my breath a little when I saw it, so I think you nailed it.
Maggie and Robert thank you again you are very kind.
The photo was a good one. I started it yesterday morning about 6:30 and with about an hour break I finished it up at 10.
Started with a transparent red oxide toned canvas and wiped out the lights.
Post a Comment