Monday, January 7, 2013

Day Six - French Bistro

French Bistro  
Oil on Panel   6 x 6"
Continuing with my 30 paintings of all things French. I snapped a photo as we walked through the City of Beaune, in the Burgundy Region. I hope to have an opportunity to return to this wonderful little City. It had a small village feel and not a lot of tourists. I loved that we were able to take a few days and immerse ourselves into the French culture. The little Bistros stayed open late, inviting us to dine in the open air. We stayed in a very old Abbey, on the third floor. It was a job getting our luggage up some 72 steps, a winding staircase. But it was worth the stepping because the view above the streets gave us the wonderful sights of the rooftops and the bell tower was just outside our window......

1 comment:

Eva Marie Tanner-Klaas said...

Love it. Can't wait to see these up close.