| Squaw Valley Sunset - transparent block in 30x36" |
| California at it's Peak - transparent block in 36x36" |
| Squaw Mountain Late Day - Early Spring - transparent block in 36x36" |
| Horsetail Falls - transparent block in 24x36" |
They will look quite different when they are finished, but I do love the illumination of the transparent colors. My hope (and goal), is to allow plenty of the color-wash to show through the finished piece.
Of course, I also love the impasto of oil paint so there will be that as well.
When creating a piece of art, it is a good idea to have a variety of texture. Usually a transparent dark will dominate, OR the lighter values of an Opaque color will dominate. It is always better that one takes up more space on the canvas than the other.
It is like the idea of keying the painting in a dominant value, either high key, middle key or low key. Variety is the spice of life? (painting)!
I'm talking about lot's of variety, as in variety of value, (above), variety of shape, edges, etc. The more variety, the more interesting right?
| "Squaw Valley Sunset" Oil on Canvas 8 x 8" Available Here |
4 comments:
so BEAUTIFUL!
Hey Sue, Thanks again for the visit and the compliment.
I absolutely love this painting style. Congratulations.
Great work!!!
Post a Comment