| Socrat Oil on Linen Panel 8 x 6" |
Thank you Alison for reminding me of his name. Socrat is short for "Socrates".
He doesn't really look like the old dog that lives there, he ended up looking more like a puppy. Oh well, at least I'm getting a lot of practice with new subject matter by participating in this challenge. I do love to paint interior scenes and I have had some fun with those and learned a lot in the process......
This is the third piece from the same area of the Chateau. I walked in from the back toward the dining room near the kitchen and I looked up the stairs from me to see Socrates, just sitting there bathed in the light from the window. He stayed long enough for me to snap a photo. I think he was just comfortable and didn't want to move, or he likes to have his photo taken...?
4 comments:
Love it and love the four-legged onlooker! Who's looking at who?
:)
Wonderful job! I think the touch of blue-grey on his jowel gives just a touch of age and dignity to him!
Great scene, Randy!
Robert. I take it you are a dog lover...
I am too, I have two mini Dachshunds that I love. I keep waiting to paint them, don't know why. Glad you like.
I guess he was really looking at me wondering what the heck I was doing wondering around his territory.
This is a great painting! I love the light and the expression on the dog's face. And it sings with all those little accents of color.
Anette,
Thank you I'm glad you like it. Love your blog and artwork also. Doing a great job..
Post a Comment