Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Recent Inspirations - Day 3

"Dana Point Harbor View"
Oil on Linen Panel   8x10"
Available Here

This past week I spent a week hanging out with good friends in Southern California. We got to paint, take photos, visit some beautiful sights and visit the San Diego Museum (Sorolla!), and the Festival of the Masters. It was an exceptional trip. 
I painted this piece from a photo I took of the Dana Point Harbor. This was my first attempt, but I plan to paint it many more times from different perspectives in order to learn from what I was looking at. It was really the best of times.....

5 comments:

Jess Harel said...

Very nice, love this a lot!

Unknown said...

Best of luck to you both this month as well. It is really a challenge but one that feels really good (so far!). I will take it one day at a time, I will take it one day at a time, I will take it one day at a time!
Thank you for your kind words. When I get a chance I will look at your blog too.
Randy

Anonymous said...

Very Nice, Randy.

I've got to loosen up more than I am. THat's a part of my theme for the 30-in-30. I want to make good paintings, but explore brushwork and edges more. I'm not there yet, but working on it!

Unknown said...

Robert
In my experience, for what you are looking to achieve, you are doing exactly what you need to do. Paint small, every day.
Best to you! Randy

Bhavani said...

Beautiful work Randy. Love your loose style