Sunday, September 14, 2014

Recent Inspirations - 30 paintings in 45 Days?

I haven't been to the studio these past few days. Life has been really full and fun, and I just couldn't take the time to paint. We have enjoyed a very special week with friends here in Truckee while my husband has played in the yearly Invitation Tournament at Tahoe Donner Golf Resort. It was fun to hang out and see how it all works.

I donated a painting to be auctioned off as well. I had so much fun with this that I've decided to paint another one for next year, and I had a chance to get out and take some photos. It is a beautiful course. And I am enjoying it now because I have recently started playing golf. I'm so glad I did!

So here is the deal. Because I haven't kept up with my paintings the last few days, I have made the decision to take more time and go ahead with the 30 paintings rather than painting fewer than thirty.

This is a personal challenge for me, and I want to continue on with my exploration of recent inspirations.

So I'll see ya when I can with my next piece. Looking forward to it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Randy!

THis is the 2nd time I've tried the 30-in-30. What I've learned is that for me, I just cannot do quick paintings that don't have quality to them. I don't find for myself that I need to make a rapid painting that is less than using my whole capability.

That plus I need more time in my head to help all the INPUTS to my painting concept to gel into a vision of what I want to produce.

I'm getting to know myself more as I participate with this challenge.

But I've accepted that I may not produce 30 paintings in September, but will have many more paintings than I would have if I hadn't participated.

I am going to keep up the discipline it has started to paint more regularly and to use some of Leslie's ideas for marketing, too.

Maybe in September, I may only make 15 paintings...one per two days. But I'm glad to have some paintings I'm proud of, that others really enjoy, and will keep trying to target 30 paintings just as you. Christmas is coming and I need to increase my inventory!

:)

God bless and keep up the great works, Randy!

Unknown said...

Robert. I completely understand. And, as you continue these paintings you will probably continue to discover new things. Bravo to you!