Thursday, September 4, 2014

"Letting Go" - New Inspirations - Day Five

"Letting Go"
Oil on Linen Canvas    18x24"

Today I was fortunate to spend time with students in the studio. We studied the idea of letting go and letting things happen on the canvas. We began with a transparent wash of color and value, then layered on the paint thick. It was a fun experiment!

5 comments:

Bhavani said...

Beautiful work Randy.

Anonymous said...

Lovely, Randy! I love your floral work! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun experiment. I need to do more of the letting go, too.

Nice.

Unknown said...

Thank you Bhavani and Lou. Yes it is very challenging for most of us to take chances when we paint, but that is when unexpected things happen and you usually learn big things from that.
Happy painting. I'm enjoying your work as well. R

Eva Marie Tanner-Klaas said...

I love that style of painting. Very freeing and the results are gorgeous.