Monday, September 8, 2014


"Truckee Love"
Oil on Linen Panel    9x12"
Available Here

I have lived in Truckee, California for almost a year now. I opened my Studio downtown last November and I am loving it. Life is different here. Slower. The people are incredibly friendly, caring, active. 
This view is right above where my studio is, at the top of the stairs. It is a beautiful view. I see it all the time and it changes everyday, as does the weather here. The light through our little town is beautiful, and I especially enjoy it in the late afternoon, when there is still a little snow on the mountain and it has a pinkish hue. 
This painting is from a photo taken a little earlier in the day, at the beginning of Summer. I'm hoping to paint this one again as the season changes this coming year.

8 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

LOVELY!

Unknown said...

Thank you again Sue! I appreciate your comment!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Artbymarion said...

Very nice. Love the light in the painting

Artbymarion said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vicki said...

I do like this very much. Good composition and values make even a one day painting shine.

Robie Benve said...

Oh randy, this is stunning!

Unknown said...

Thank you Vicki and Robie. Keeping at it! R