Join me as I share some lessons from
the palette....
Monday, September 9, 2013
Still Life/City Life - 30 Paintings in 30 Days - Day 10
NBC NYC Oil on Panel 6 x 6"
We see this on TV all the time so it was fun to walk around this area and then go up to the top for the areal view. One of my favorite places to visit, the streets of New York City. Are we having fun yet?
2 comments:
Anonymous
said...
When I saw this painting, my first thought was..."hey, I've been right there!"
NYC is a dynamic and amazing place! It really is larger than life, just like San Francisco or other more cosmopolitan cities!
My second thought was: "What a powerful composition for such a small work!"
You've done a nice job here. I love the suggestion of the poster under glass to the left side of the canvas and the daubs of color that add just enough vitality here and there!
Robert, I really appreciate your comments. It's fun to share a common location that has memories for us both. Also I really appreciate that you are looking at things like composition. R
2 comments:
When I saw this painting, my first thought was..."hey, I've been right there!"
NYC is a dynamic and amazing place! It really is larger than life, just like San Francisco or other more cosmopolitan cities!
My second thought was: "What a powerful composition for such a small work!"
You've done a nice job here. I love the suggestion of the poster under glass to the left side of the canvas and the daubs of color that add just enough vitality here and there!
Robert, I really appreciate your comments. It's fun to share a common location that has memories for us both. Also I really appreciate that you are looking at things like composition. R
Post a Comment