Saturday, September 7, 2013

Still Life/City Life - 30 Paintings in 30 Days - Day 8

"Pick Me"
Oil on Panel   6 x 6"
You know I love tea cups. Well, my friend Anne has asked me to paint her Mother's and Grandmother's cups for her kitchen. I brought her collection home and they have all been sitting on my kitchen table for days while the light comes and goes. I love the reflected light that comes through the windows at different times of the day. I just leave my camera handy so I could snap photos when I see something beautiful happening. Then I'll move the cups around, stack them in different ways, all the while I am looking for interesting shapes and values and beautiful colors.

This painting is available at the Daily Paintworks Website.

13 comments:

Christine Springer said...

I love beautiful China too, Randy. Beautiful painting. I have a beautiful cup and saucer that belonged to my Grandmother that I plan to paint on one of these 30 days. You have inspired me again. love you!

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful tea cups. I love them stacked like that!
You have a great eye for color.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely colorscheme! Love the wonderful green you have there with that soft pink teacup to contrast!

Up late painting and posting, I see!

:)

Fantastic work, Randy. Really...!

c.dingman said...

Beautiful. Great cropping and wonderful colors

Sharon Whitley said...

love paintings of tea cups and this is gorgeous!

Linda Popple said...

Beautiful cups and I like your composition. Very nice!!

Unknown said...

beautiful....

joanieART said...

Lovely cups, the colors are delicious. Found you on the 30 Day Challenge, have fun.

Patricia Awapara said...

The color palette is wonderful! Great composition as well!

Unknown said...

Beautiful painting....

Unknown said...

Thank you for all of your very nice comments. This was a fun one. I'll be painting more of these!

Wendy Barrett said...

I just love this painting Randy! Great composition and colours. You make it look so easy! I also have a penchant for painting teacups - they are so much fun - but I don't find them easy!

Susan Rose said...

I love your photography plan. (Thanks for sharing.) Window light is so important with natural indoor art.