Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Still Life/City Life - 30 Paintings in 30 Days - Day 3

"Je prendrai un café crème"
Oil on Linen   12x9"

Today was a long day. Teaching until the late afternoon and then I always stop by to see the grand kids after class. Consequently I ended up painting late when I got home. I had started this piece a few weeks back and decided to finish it up. I took the photo in Paris one morning. I loved the Bistro for the beautiful lights on the ceilings as the reflections bounced into the mirrors all around the bar.

This painting is available through Daily Paintworks.

http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/randy-blasquez/cafe-creme/165215

2 comments:

rachel jones and art said...

I love this painting. The lights are perfect and you've really captured the French bistro/ bar.

Anonymous said...

Stellar painting, Randy!

I love the lighting and drama and the story. Who's the woman? Who's she waiting for? What's she thinking about? (what kind of delicious pastries are under the glass server!)

Fantastic!