Sunday, September 8, 2013

Still Life/City Life - 30 Paintings in 30 Days - Day 9

"NYC Window"
Oil on Linen Panel   8 x 6"
A photo from our trip last summer to New York City. I enjoyed taking photos of several of these window scenes. I always thought it would be fun to paint them. One of the things I love about New York is the beautiful display windows along the streets. The stores don't even have to be open because the lights stay on all night. You can see them from a distance and as I would walk up closer I could see how big they are...

This painting is available on the Daily Paintworks Website.
http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/randy-blasquez/new-york-city-window/167123


2 comments:

Eva Marie Tanner-Klaas said...

I love this one, too, Randy. Great subject and the color is incredible.

Unknown said...

Window Shopping in NYC is... well, It is the ONLY place I can imagine getting a charge out of window shopping. Thanks for bringing back this great memory. I Love your city paintings!