Thursday, January 23, 2014

On the Easel


I went back to my original New York City piece today. I'm moving around quite a bit on about three different paintings right now. I'm taking it slow with this one using what I learned on the last city scene. Yes, the stuff I learned not to do! I'm liking the perspective and overall design much better. It will be fun for me I think to watch it progress.


This piece has been in the works for a while, and I think it's almost there. I have used many layers of wash with this piece. I'm using the washes to push myself as I learn to "let it run". I like the combination of sharp and soft edges in this piece. I'll finish with adjusting some of those edges, working toward the correct balance.

I've had a good start to the year I think. I'm pushing and learning. And this week I was back to teaching. This time in my own studio. It feels good.

No comments: