![]() |
| New York City Streets - 36 x 36" (just started) |
The funny thing is, I am always thinking about the studio. I want to be in there. I just have to trust that this huge transition in my life won't last forever!
So, to bring you up to date with painting, as you know I have changed the way I will be teaching now that I'm living in Truckee. I will no longer (at least for now), be teaching on a weekly basis, but have scheduled several very focused weekend workshops throughout the year.
To see this schedule go to my WORKSHOP WEB-PAGE
We will just have to see how it all goes, but I'm excited and looking forward to these workshops. We will be studying the fundamental elements of oil painting from my experience, in a very focused manner. The first workshop at Patris Studio will be focused on Brushwork and the Color Wash Method.. I have learned this method from my teachers Brigitte Curt and Ovanes Berberian. Not too many people use this technique, but it is very exciting. It has come down from the Russian painters and it will change the way you paint. In addition we will be practicing many, and I mean many, different ways to apply the paint to the canvas. I plan to push you over the edge friends! This will allow you to move forward with your brush stroke with new FREEDOM!
(To sign up for this workshop, contact Patris and send her a $25 deposit to hold your spot BEFORE JAN 10 TO SAVE 10%).
Now, more on painting. My heart for painting is always prompting me. Right now I'm very excited about two things, and this brings me toward some change in subject matter. I am currently planning to move in the direction of City Scenes, and perhaps contrarily, Truckee Scenes. Although the Truckee Scenes will be little town scenes as well. So look for these types of paintings coming into the studio. And send me your comments please. I'd love the feedback.
We will be discussing these works, along with the concepts behind them and the techniques used to paint them throughout the coming months. So stick with me and send me your feedback. It will be a great learning experience, I promise!
One last thing, follow this link and read a little article HERE about our group show and opening tomorrow night at THE TEMP GALLERY in Sacramento.
So keep moving forward art friends, it is an exciting road! Randy

2 comments:
Randy, Congratulations on your show. Is there a reception tomorrow night or on Saturday?
Eva, Yes the reception was Thursday night. Sorry I've been busy and haven't been on the blog. And yes, tonight is Second Saturday and if you can make it the gallery is very well set up and beautiful. It was great to see all the paintings together and bring the memories to mind. Everybody came out and we had a blast!
Post a Comment