Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy New Year


I'm working on some new large florals for Gallerie Amsterdam in Carmel by the Sea, CA. I always struggle with these big pieces, but I continue through the difficult finish. I've learned to hang in  there and give it my best shot. It's always a learning experience no matter what.
When I'm working on pieces for the gallery, it always feels like more risk, because I have a deadline and all. It's not my favorite part of being an artist.
Hang in there with me an we'll see what happens! I'm going down the hill again next Monday, so I'm hoping to get to the finish but if not I'll be back at it the following week.
I'm teaching my first workshop of the year on the 21st and 28th this month for beginners. We will be taking it from value scales to a finished painting in two consecutive Tuesdays, all day. I still have room if you want to learn this happy way of life!
Happy New Year all.

No comments: