I'm not sure but I think I might not have fixed anything today, but instead I created more problems. At least that's how I'm feeling now. Yes I know I'm hard on myself, but I painted for hours and don't feel like I got anywhere.
I forget what a painting this size can do to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not ready to quit! I'll be back at it tomorrow. I might play around with it on my iPad using magic pad to see if I can come up with some solutions. I think what's bothering me still is the value plan. Until I get that I won't be happy.
Sometimes it helps to print out the photo of your painting in black and white. It can tell you a lot. I can see that the street is too light. It needs more drama. I like the top half of the painting better than the bottom half. I might go in and change the perspective as that is bothering me now too. I didn't notice it yesterday but the road is too wide. That's okay, I'm going to keep at it.
So, you get to go through this with me, the sometimes painful disappointment that we go through when a painting isn't going the way you had hoped at the start. At least I know I'm not alone.
Stay with me this week as I continue to search for answers and dig deep!
And please, I'm open to suggestions.


2 comments:
I think the main problem is deciding if this is to be a foreground or background picture. think you're right about the street being too light. Yesterday , you had crosswalks and darker shadows that you have eliminated. It is much more effective as a foreground picture. Maybe add a car coming from the right or a person waiting at the corner or crossing the street to bring the focus to the foreground.
Vicki
You nailed it. Thank you so much for your comments. Yes I knew this was going backwards. Check out the new post today and feel free to add to your comment. And thanks again, Randy
Post a Comment