![]() |
| Looking Uptown Oil on Linen 40x30" |
When I met my husband 23 years ago he was an avid golfer, and still is. The funny thing is that he goes through this mind game about every week or so. He always says something to me along the lines of "I'm gonna try my new swing this week, and I think it's THE ONE". Well, after 20 years or so I tend to roll my eyes and say, "Okay well, good luck then."
This is the perfect analogy for my painting. I am always looking for the "New Swing." When I started this painting I was so excited about trying something new, using more paint and painting Alla Prima, my plan was to paint much more abstract. (Yes, I've been here before.) So as you can see, the new swing wasn't "The One".
So, on to the next swing right? The thing is, I learn a lot every time I take a chance and change it up. I try to do this ongoing. I think I always will, and I can confidently say I'm not alone here.
So, I will finish this piece, and who knows it may turn out okay, but it's not what I was going for. I'll work on it again tomorrow and then move on. I want to add more people in the distance and a few more lights, etc. We will see how it goes.
Thanks for feeling my pain friends.

5 comments:
It's coming together nicely, Randy!
I don't know how many times I've nearly given up on a painting because it wasn't working the way I wanted only to find out that if I kept going, it ultimately came out.
that's the great thing bout oil painting. Each day could yield that improvement that turns something you're not happy with into something you are satisfied with!
I think this is turning out very well. You've got enough darks in their now to make the lights pop a bit more! You've got some interesting movement, some great color contrasts and temperature contrasts!
You're coming along nicely with this one!
You've really improved on the painting. Like the increased values in the painting.
Vicki, thank you for taking the time to come back and say something nice. I like your blog also! I'm looking forward to reading more...
Robert, You have encouraged me through this process. I appreciate that you came back and shared again.
It's nice to have a friend like you.
what a nice thing to say, Randy!
We have to encourage each other!
:)
Post a Comment