Sunday, September 1, 2013

Still Life/City Life - 30 paintings in 30 days - Day 1


"Flag City", Oil on Panel, 6x6"
I've decided to paint all City Life and Still Life paintings for the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge this time around. I have been moving away from landscape for a while. It's funny how we (artists), tend to move around in our tendencies toward new inspirations. At least that's true for me. 
I was in NYC last year and took hundreds of photos. I especially enjoyed the evening walks and the lights of the city. This hotel was especially pretty, all dark except the beautiful warm glow of the lights above the lobby with the display of colorful flags. I knew I would have to paint it.
This painting is available on the Daily Paintworks Website.

http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/randy-blasquez/flag-city/164472


10 comments:

Maggie Ruley said...

I love it

Maggie Ruley said...

I love it!

Unknown said...

Thank you Maggie...it was fun.

Jacklyn Karabaich said...

Randy,
You have so much in this 6x6! You could call them little jewels ! Outstanding!

Tammie Dickerson said...

I love the energy and color in this painting!

Susan Williams' Studio said...

You are an incredible artist! This scene is lovely. I look forward to seeing more!!!

Patricia Awapara said...

Love your style!
See you around Leslie's blog!

Eva Marie Tanner-Klaas said...

Wonderful piece, Randy.

Fannie said...

Hi, Randy!

Love your amazing, beautiful painting. Bravo!

Christine. Springer said...

This is beautiful, Randy! Love the colors and feeling of this painting. Love city scenes and can't wait to see more!