That Time of Day by Randy Blasquez
Oil on Canvas 30x40"
It's time to get this one out of the studio. I've had it sitting around for months. Do you ever have paintings like that? I started this last year from a small study from a couple of years ago. Anyway I had some difficulty getting the "time of day" light into the painting, so I put if away, frustrated and not knowing how to finish it. Sometimes this works just fine. I finally pulled it out and went back to work after some considerations but found some splashed paint on it, so I definitely had to rework it. I added more light to the sky and the distant water, working from warm to cool in temperature. Now it's going to the Capital Art Center in Sacramento with a price tag on it, finally!
This is my next dream destination so it's time to start saving!
This is my next dream destination so it's time to start saving!
No comments:
Post a Comment