Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Birth of the Impressionism Tour
Last week my class and I traveled to San Francisco to the de Young Museum to view the "Birth of Impressionism" Tour. It was the first time for everybody, except myself, to see these works from the Musee' D'Orsay in Paris. I visited the exhibit last July while in France and wanted to share the experience.
Everybody loved it. On our way home we decided to paint from some of the prints of Monet, Degas, Renoir, and others.
It became an opportunity today to teach the value of learning to see "values". We did a small value study in only 3 to 5 values, then after our lunch break, began the larger works. Everybody did great and I'm looking forward to getting some photos up soon.
If you haven't visited the exhibit, it is very worthwhile! We plan to go in September for the Post Impressionists Show at the same museum.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment