Sunday, April 25, 2010

Horton Iris Farm II

Wanted to post these photos earlier with the first post today, but ran into some trouble with the photo card - so here you go........

 
Horton Iris Garden   9x12" oil on panel by RB

Horton Iris Garden II   9z12" oil on panel by RB
Hor

Study from last weekend in Palo Alto Baylands
detail
8x16" oil on linen panel by RB

Here is the full painting, but I have some fixing to do to bring the forground into the background.... or maybe I'll use it to go into a large format painting.
The wild mustard was growing like crazy and it was hard to resist.....

5 comments:

LindaHunt said...

Oh my how truly beautiful...just wonderful paintings. I love your work so much.

Unknown said...

Thank you Linda, I needed that! R

Unknown said...

Yes... Beautiful ... I wish we could have connected at Horton ... love the colors Randy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susan Roux said...

These Horton Garden paintings are wonderful! I love the light and the softness you brought to it. I can feel your love for your subject. It shows through...

Unknown said...

Thank you Susan and Frank, I do love those gardens! Must go outside again soon......