A Look Inside
Oil on Linen Panel
12x9"
by Randy Blasquez
I've been painting from my studies and photos of Provence from last summer for months now. Well, I'm moving on....
I've started a new series from my five days in Paris. I took this shot as I was walking by this restaurant in Paris as the Mat re de' stood there and gave me this look as if to say "what do you think you are doing - you tourist!". I'm glad I got the shot, even though it wasn't the one I wanted. The server inside the restaurant turned his back to me while I hesitated. As it turned out, it still worked for the painting.
Here we go, I've got 1200 pictures from those 5 days........

3 comments:
I really respond to the warm colors in this painting. Very painterly. I love the abstract quality in the upper left corner!
Randy, I love this painting of the waiter's back. Although, we don't see his face, it is very expressive. You handled the light surrounding the person beautifully.
Ellen and Linda,
Thank you both for your comments. I love to hear from you!
I did get what I was going for, this time! I'm hoping to keep the loose feel in all my Paris paintings. Want to get back to it, and have started another little one, but I need to get through this week with a lot of goings on....
Ugh!
Blessings, Randy
Post a Comment