Here is yesterday's set up. We ventured across the street from the Capital Art Center where I teach a beginning/intermediate oil painting class. It was so nice outside how could we not? Some of the ladies in the class want to learn to paint in "plein air", (in the fresh air). We have been painting still life set ups in the studio for a while.
They did very well, in fact, outstanding. I can't begin to tell you how much of a blessing this class is. To see how far the painters have come. It takes a committment to learn how to paint, but what a payoff! Most of the class has started from no or very little experience. I love to see them grow. I am growing right along with them. We all still have so much to learn.
We set up the still life outside and it was beautiful. Next week we will take our little outdoor studies and begin a larger studio painting, using the studies we painted yesterday, along with a photo reference. The light did change, but the shadows on our set up just got better.

No comments:
Post a Comment