Saturday, March 6, 2010

Yesterday 6hr Pose at Capital Art Center

Yesterday was the second in a series of sessions open to artists (who sign up in advance) on Fridays - 6 hours of painting the figure. It was my first time in a long time that I've painted the figure from life. I practiced what I learned in Don Hatfields class last year.
I am not a portrait painter, but it is wonderful practice for me. I have to say, yesterday I was feeling pretting intimidated by it all, but I was fairly pleased with the outcome. I started the day with a migraine to boot, so I wasn't in good form. It is a study, not finished, but not bad. She looks like she has a black eye but I haven't gone in to finish her up yet. If I do, I'lll post it. I'll also try to post the next one on the 19th, I'm going to that session as well.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the colors and I am so sad to hear you had a migraine.... it sure did not affect your good attitude yesterday.... it was really nice to see you there pushing the paint....

Unknown said...

Thanks Frank, I'm trying to get out there more. r