24x30 Oil on Linen, 20th Street Gallery, Sacramento
“Palette Potpourri”
March 10th through April 3rd
PAINTINGS OF PROVENCE, LARGE AND SMALL
I’ve been painting Provence since last July! My heart is still there I think. The historic ancient villages, the fields of lavender for miles and miles, the old French Country homes – need I go on? It was the trip of a lifetime for me. Another one of my favorite spots was walking through Claude Monet’s gardens, especially the water garden. I have painted several large pieces of the water lilies and also some of the ancient Villages of Provence. 9 Paintings will be on display at 20th Street Art Gallery, 911 20th Street in Midtown, Sac. Hope you can stop by as the show opens next week- March 10th through April 3rd. I’ve also posted them on my website:
Spring Plein Air Painting -
It may not feel like spring much right now, but it is just around the corner! Spring is a very busy time for painters who like to paint outside. That would be me. I should be really good at it by now, but it’s a slow learning curve for me.
This year I’ll be busy with the first Spring Plein Air Show- “The Joy of Outdoor Painting” - sponsored by Capital Art Center in Sacramento – coming up March 20th through April 7th. The opening reception will be at the S12 Gallery in the Art Center located at 1200 S Street - the corner of 12th on Second Saturday on April 10th. Many of our regional painters will be participating in the show & this will be worth marking your calendar right now.
Next is the Horton Iris Farm paint out in Loomis. I participated in this for the first time last year. A 2 day event, its fun to come out and watch the artists paint this beautiful Iris Farm property. Friday, April 23rd all day and the artwork goes up for sale on Saturday at about 12:00, as the artists finish up their quick draw competition paintings. The Irises are in full bloom and they are for sale along with some other wonderful planting bulbs for your spring garden. It will be a great day to come and bring the family.
May first will be another paint-out in Sacramento. “Urban Paint Out and Wet Paint Sale” -10 am till 5 pm followed by an art sale and reception. Contact Patris at artist_patris@yahoo.com for more information on that!
Classes –
Learn the basics and intermediate techniques of oil painting, from start to finish. If you have never painted in oils, I will help you get started with shopping for art supplies and personal coaching. If you have some experience, you will learn how to paint from a photograph, but more importantly, from life. We will study still life set ups each week, and on good days we can even paint a set up outside the studio.
You will learn how to “see” as an artist in a whole new way. We focus on learning to paint the correct “value” or “tone”, along with color, edges, shape, drawing, and use of light and shadow. I will teach you the basic and advanced vocabulary of painting, including color mixing, tools and materials, and how to avoid the most common pit falls an artist will encounter.
We will take field trips to galleries, museums, and paint outs. I will encourage you to study at home, read about the masters, and paint, paint, paint.
Classes run on a weekly basis at $35.00 for drop in guests or $125.00 on a monthly basis. We meet at 10:00 Wednesday mornings at the Sacramento Art Complex, 1200 S Street. www.s12studios.com
*Private lessons are also available in my home studio. Call 916-952-7914
View from Aurel, Provence
30x24" Oil on Linen
20th Street Art Gallery, Sacramento


No comments:
Post a Comment