Sunday, March 15, 2009



Only a few more days of painting Monet's Garden. I will deliver them to 20th Street Gallery in Sacramento next week, but am leaving for Napa this week so I'm finishing a bit early. I am taking a workshop with Terry Miura. Check him out at the link on the blog. I met Terry in downtown Sacramento a couple of years ago at his studio on 12th street. He doesn't teach there anymore, but is putting on a plein air workshop in Napa this week. Very wonderful painter. I'm looking forward to the vineyards, the mustard and hopefully some nice weather. I will be sure to post all about it.

Also, I am currently taking a workshop with Don Hatfield in Sac. He paints beautiful romantic figures in the landscape. We are studying from live models in the studio. As it turns out he spent years studying with Sergei Bongart and Dan McCaw, my favorites! Working with Don is exactly what I need, painting from live models. I will be sure to post more about this workshop as well. Meanwhile, I will post a link to his website.

No comments: