Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Napa Workshop Experience

Saturday we painted all day at the Mondavi Vineyards. It was beautiful and atmospheric, but chilly and a little wet. I found it very inspiring. I took a lot of photos and painted two paintings. I'll try to get them photographed and posted.
Sunday was more of the same, but a little warmer and we were at the hillside winery of Diamond Oaks. WOW! Terry painted another amazing demo and lectured all about painting the atmosphere.
I have to say that this experience was wonderful and I learned a lot. I haven't been out plein air painting in a long time, and because of that it was more challenging than it should have been. But it was exactly what I needed and as far as workshops go, very well done. Bravo to Terry Miura and Alan and Leslie Baribeault who put it together. Be sure to read Terry's post on his blog, you can click the link and go right to it.
More soon. Randy

No comments: