Friday, November 1, 2013

Another Update and Some Commission Pieces

I've been working on two commission pieces for a lovely family who have been collecting my artwork for a number of years. This is the last of my painting to be done before the big move next Tuesday. In between painting, I've been going through my "art rooms" here at the house and deciding what is going with me and what is not.
I went out to the garage today and sanded down some old canvases that weren't going anywhere! Then I painted over them with white oil paint and turpentine. Now they are like new canvases ready to re-paint. I've had my Son, Joe here helping out and he sanded and painted all my student easels. He is doing the same with my stretching and framing table. All this is going to the new studio next week.
So life is exciting right? Right, well maybe not today. At least I'm getting to the fun part soon, the part about moving into the new studio. It is ready to go, just waiting on the track lighting is all. I will still have lots to do for the studio once I get in there, but I'll tackle that one day at a time as well.
So for now I have a couple of new photos for you, and I'll also post the new painting commission pieces for you when done, hope fully in a day or two!