Sunday, December 30, 2012

30 Paintings in 30 Days? Better Be Prepared......

Poppies of Provence by Randy Blasquez
oil on linen   24 x 30"

I've decided it would be wise to have some sort of a theme for my 30 paintings so I started browsing my photos of Southern France. I might just go with that. I figure if I change my mind I can anytime I want. No rules here.
Originally I was going to go with live still life objects. I might still do that. But I am leaning towards Southern France because I am very passionate about all things French. Also I will be teaching my first workshop abroad in June through Montfaucon Tours in the South near the Coastal Region.
Now for preparation....
I'm going to get my sketch book going with some notan designs for my small paintings. I have a couple of days to do that while I'm still up at the Truckee house with my family. We plan to return home on the 2nd. Perfect!
I'll plan to post my sketches before we head for home. (I'll try)
Meanwhile if you would like, read up on the trip. I have one spot left in the Chateau....!

http://www.montfaucontours.com/tours/arts.htm
http://www.montfaucontours.com/
http://www.montfaucontours.com/tours/docs/RandyBlasquez2013Tour.pdf

2 comments:

Linda Popple said...

Beautiful painting. love the reds.

Looking forward to your 30 in 30 paintings. It's going to be a fun challenge.

Eva Marie Tanner-Klaas said...

I love the painting, Randy. Absolutely stunning. I can't wait to see your 30 in 30 paintings.