Sunday, December 5, 2010

NEW CLASS at SCHOOL OF LIGHT AND COLOR

NEW CLASSES AT THE SCHOOL OF LIGHT AND COLOR



I am mostly excited about a new opportunity to teach. As you probably know by now – I found myself teaching oil painting a few years back and it has turned into something of a passion. I have been teaching in downtown Sacramento for some time and have decided to move my classes to The School of Light and Color – in Fair Oaks.

Once again I did not plan this, but it fell in my lap in a way- but I have had a desire to teach there for a little while and the next thing you know….?

While teaching my very first artists workshop up in Truckee last September I found that a few of my new friends who were taking the workshop wanted to continue classes, but they worked during the day. After some consideration I decided to call the School of Light and Color. I have known Susan Sarback for a few years and took some classes there with my Son some years ago. Susan is the founder of the school and is a renowned teacher and artist worldwide.

Susan was happy to hear that I wanted to teach at the school, and needed a beginning instructor to teach during the day. I was planning to start an evening class and long story…..I ended up signing on for both. I will be starting this coming January on Tuesday evenings and Wednesday mornings. The good news is I will be learning so much because I will be working with some wonderful teachers and great artists. And I love working with students who have discovered that painting is a gift and that we can use this gift to joyfully create.

See the attached brochure for more information. They are taking sign ups now for 6 week sessions, but you are welcome to sign up for one class at a time.



School website: http://lightandcolor.com

Class schedule: http://lightandcolor.com/2011jan.pdf

No comments: