Thursday, September 2, 2010

Three's A Crowd


Three's A Crowd
Oil on Linen Panel  8x16"
$300





I just finished this piece. It is one of those photos that I've had in my pile for years. Who knew I would ever want to paint chickens? I guess there is a reason I never threw it away. I love the format and not every subject will work on an 8 x 16 inch panel. It would be really fun to set on the kitchen counter inside an iron easel, or just as nice in a frame.


3 comments:

Ellen Brandin said...

Hi,
Love your paintings and enjoy reading your comments about the Provence trip. This painting of the three chickens is very charming. You are an inspiration. There are chickens next door to my house, and I have taken many pictures of them. I might try my hand at painting them.
Ellen

ebrandin@earthlink.net said...

Hi,
I am not sure that my message got posted. At least, I can't find it. So, here's it goes again. I love your paintings. And very much enjoy reading about your Provence trip. This chicken painting is very charming. You are an inspiration. There are chickens living next door to me and I have taken many pictures of them. I just might paint one someday.
Ellen

Unknown said...

Ellen! Thank you my friend for the kind words, I had to approve the posts before you see them. But thank you and keep coming back. I will have to come visit your blog and see what you are up to.
Hugs, Randy