Saturday, July 25, 2009

Paris, Day One











My trip started out just fine, no problems. I left Sacramento in the morning at 8:30 am and arrived in Paris the next morning, July 1st, at 11:15 loosing 9 hours in the time change. I tried to sleep plenty on the plane and felt okay on arrival, excited to see the city. Taxied to "hotel le Pearl" in a 17th century building near the famous Saint Sulspice Church in the Latin Quarter. It was a great location and a fun place to wonder around. I knew the Luxembourg Gardens were nearby so after a little rest I headed out on foot for these landmarks, and also I wanted to see the Notre Damn de Paris Cathedral which was also walking distance.
I headed out at about 4:00 pm Paris time and successfully toured these beautiful sights, taking pics along the way. It worked out perfect because it was almost sunset when I finally got to the Cathedral. Beautiful! I sat in a little cafe and had a "cafe cream" while watching the people go by.

No comments: