Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Day Four, The Louvre
Last full day in Paris.....at the Louvre! I made plans to meet my fellow artist student and traveler, Ellen. I decided to risk it and take the Metro only because I wanted to try it once before I leave tomorrow. I asked for a little help from the customer service booth, but we couldn't communicate very well, but she got the picture that I wanted to go to the Louvre. She pointed to the gate, a long hallway that seemed to be leading me into a tunnel hallway to... who knows where! I got on the train and got off where I thought she said to, but when I walked up to the ground level I had no idea which way to go. I just started walking thinking I would find a sign to point the way. Finally, I stopped for a cafe' cream and a nice little cafe and asked the waitress, she pointed. Finally, when I knew I should have been there by now, I asked a pedestrian. It's a good thing everybody knows about the Louvre. This time, another pointed finger, through the building arch I was looking at. What do ya know? It was the Louvre. I found my new friend, Ellen at the entrance. I got some great shots of the pyramid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment