

Last weekend my bud Allison & I went to the bay area to take a plein air class with Brigitte Curt. Brigitte is a wonderful teacher who is leading the workshop in Provence this summer. She and her husband Jim Smyth have a summer home in the hilltop village of Simiane la Rotonde, in Provence. The rest of the year they are teaching and painting in the Palo Alto area. I started working with Brigitte about 4 years ago. I discovered her in one of the local galleries and instantly fell in love with her paintings. It took one phone call and a very good conversation to convince me to make the drive every week to study with her. I did this for two years. I've been wanting to go to Provence and finally, in six weeks, the adventure begins.
Brigitte invited the participants to come to an informational meeting so I needed to go, and because I had to make the drive, decided to take a class during the day. Brigitte allowed Allison and I to join the group. It was beautiful. I had time to do a couple of studies.
Okay, more abut the trip. You must check out the website http://www.provenceworkshops.com/
A trip of a lifetime. I am very blessed! Because this is my first time traveling to Europe and I'm going all the way to France, I made plans to stay in Paris for 5 days, before taking the train down to the south. I will arrive in Avignon, rent a car and meet my group, then drive the hour and a half to the village. This is not city life! It will be the height of the lavendar season so I am taking plenty of Dioxazine paint.
Just a quick note: Join me on June 6th in Sausalito for the quarterly regional California Plein Air paint out. More info at their website at http://www.californiaartclub.org/
No comments:
Post a Comment