Wednesday, April 22, 2009


Last week our painting class in Sacramento took a trip to Elk Grove to plein air paint. Most of the gals in the group have not painted outside yet and we all decided to give it a go. It turned out to be very cold and windy, but the willows were beautiful! I painted a demo and we all decided to go in. This is not a very good shot, but the colors were amazing and so vibrant!

This is all in preparation for the paint out in Loomis next weekend at the Horton Iris Farm. The painting begins Friday and continues Saturday. Go to http://www.hortonirisgarden.com/ for more information and directions. The whole class is going and this will be my first time there. They also host a quick draw painting session where artists compete in a 3 hour paint out at the gardens on Saturday at 8:30. I understand the gardens are beautiful and I love irises. I have painted a few of them. I posted an older painting from a couple of years ago. Hope you can come and join in the fun.
The students in class are all painting so well!! They are working hard and it is paying off. We have a good time.


No comments: