I needed a painting to post because I can't photo the one I'm working on up here in Tahoe. This is a commission I did last year.
It's snowing up here in Truckee, California. We came up for a few days this week but will be returning home in time for the reception at 20th Street Art Gallery for the 50 - 50 show. This will be the first time I see my 50 paintings after they have been hung. It's a little scary. I don't know what to expect because I don't remember how they look. All I remember is that I didn't like that many of them. Of course, I am my own worst critic. I went online to the website at the gallery (http://www.20art.net/) and all I can say is wow! Everybody should try to come.
Anyway, I have been painting up here for 4 years now and always, always feel inspired while here. This week I wanted to paint a large landscape with figures. I worked on it for three days. We leave tomorrow morning and I don't have my camera, ugh. I will post it soon. It is a struggle. I am enjoying every minute and every struggle. I haven't been this excited about painting since - well, the last time I was up here. Actually, I think working with Don Hatfield painting figures from life has got me going. My heart is pumping!
I discovered a new blog about art and painting by a painter friend of mine, Frank Ordaz. Check it out. Lot's of really good information that has obviously come from good experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment