"Harbor Glow at the Wharf"
Oil on Linen 9 x 12"
$875
I painted this little piece when I got back form the conference. I just loved walking along the Wharf in the evening in Monterrey where the lights just glowed with the boats all lit up.
Ronna and I enjoyed dinner on the Pier a couple of times and neither one of us ever get tired of seafood. Let's just say, we ate very well. Yum! The sun would set late, about 7:30 and this was the magic hour when you could observe the beautiful lights at sea. I loved the way the distant shore lit up in a soft glow.
I think I am in love with this part of California!

5 comments:
Lovely work. You have a very nice blog :)
I think I'd be happy just being a homeless painter in that part of Southern CA.
I've been out there a half dozen times. So many people who live there don't even see the beauty of the coast.
But what a jewel that whole area is!
Nice scene! I have a photo of some harbors from San Diego I was thinking of doing myself. So many masts and vertical lines to contend with.
You did a great job on yours and have wonderful lighting to it!
Robert, I am having some Southern California callings myself. Maybe when I get back from France I will go and take a few students to the Irvine Museum and to check out some galleries in Laguna...
And I've never been to the festival down there...
Wow! This is an amazing piece of artwork! You are an amazing artist! Keep up the great work!
Liza
www.lizakekky.com
Lisa. Thank you so much.. glad you like it..
Ya know, there is a reason they say to paint what you love. And I do love the lights on the pier out there.
I appreciate the comment..
Post a Comment