Sunday, April 17, 2011

Still Life Paradise

Lately, been working on some still life studies at the studio. I've never really gone to the trouble to set up elaborate table scenes, so it is a new  experience that I am enjoying very much. For now I am going for exciting color combinations with good light direction and design. I know it is time to be outside painting plein air, finally, but I have had some health issues to deal with, and a request for some still life paintings. So, it all works out.

I will be going to the Horten Iris Farm again this year for one day if I can. Some friends are coming along. I always enjoy painting the irises. I will have some in my own garden here soon as well. I planted some bulbs from Horton a couple years ago and they are growing like crazy. More for my still life set ups.......



I just finished a commission piece of Lake Tahoe for my friends Pat and Diane. My lesson for today is to do your studies first, and the large piece goes so much more smoothly!

I am going to get to work now, so I can post some still life studies for you..........

No comments: