Before anything else, I have to give a big thank you to Liz Hoffman, at CWT Vacations. She is a wonderful travel advisor and has spent a lot of time in France. She put a whole package together for me, and it all went so smooth! I would recommend her highly for a trip like this and I will definitely call her for my next trip. lhoffman@cwtvacations.com
Okay, when I landed in Avignon, I taxied over to the hotel. It was a nice little room next to an Old Catholic Church. This was the first church of many that I would hear from for the next two weeks. It was beautiful. It was the beginning of the church bells. The bells in all the churches would ring one bell for each hour on the hour and one ring on the half hour. There was a church in every village in Provence that we visited or stayed in.
I met my friend Anni that evening and we stayed in Avignon the first night, and had plans to meet up with the rest of the group the next day. We were to meet at the train station, rent our cars, and caravan to Aurel and Simiane. Sunday evening we took a stroll through the little city of Avignon as we learned a little bit about the history and took in some sights. We had a wonderful dinner out in the courtyard while listening to live piano music nearby. Their were tons of people walking around enjoying the evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment