Monday, September 10, 2012

Floral Study 12 x 12
by Randy Blasquez
I set up this still life in my studio last week. Changed it up quite a bit and decided to do a study before I tackle a larger gallery piece.
I used the transparent wash technique. Love the colors in this set up. I may do a similar piece using peonies.....
Here is a pic of the start...


and a photo of the set up.

6 comments:

Maggie Ruley said...


what a lovely painting! Thank you.

Susan Roux said...

Wonderful colors and emotion captured in this floral. Just beautiful!

Pat Fiorello said...

Beautiful Randy! Thanks for sharing your work and approach.

tom martino said...

Vibrant painting! The colors, as Sergei Bongart would say, sing!

tom martino said...

Vibrant painting! Sergei Bongart would have said the colors sing!

Unknown said...

Thank you Maggie I'm glad you like it. And Susan you are very kind. Pat I know you like flowers, so thank you also. And Tom, very kind words indeed.